Alum Stone, a potassium-rich mineral extracted from a rock, has the distinction of having a leaf-like appearance. Alum was long used to clarify muddy water to make it potable. It envelops the impurities suspended in the water , thereby clarifying the liquid . The Alum Stone is widely used in medicine because it is a good astringent and antiseptic. Today, the Alum Stone is mainly present in cosmetics.
Very popular among, it is natural and has many virtues.
The advantages of this mineral :
- It is economical as the stone dissolves very slowly. Its lifetime lasts over several years.
- Due to its antibacterial properties, it can be used daily by the entire family. Simply rinse after each use to keep the stone healthy.
- The stone is natural and fragrance free , it destroys the bacteria responsible for bad odors.
- Hypoallergenic as well, it protects the sensitive skin of the whole body (underarm, face, legs, ... ). It reduces the sensations of burns and discomfort due to shaving or hair removal while soothing the irritated skin . Additionally, its astringent properties helps prevent the development of ingrown hairs.
- In the case of minor cuts, it stops the bleeding immediately.
- Following the advice of a medical experts, it soothes and reduces heat sensations to sunburned areas.
- As a powder , it regulates perspiration, eliminates odors, moisturizes, soothes and heals the skin.